Friday, May 15, 2009

How Did I Come To This Profession?

I got to know that some good ex-students who deserve for scholarships but didn't manage to get one. Some got it but their minds are still troubled whether they should take it. Every year the same thing happen to students. I understand it is reli not easy for them. I undergone all these so I know these pretty well.

After my form 5 studies, I made up my mind to study Form 6. I knew that there was no other way for me as my family couldn't afford to send me to college. My ambition was to be a pharmacist. I saw JPA scholarships application form in newspaper but I didn't apply it as it was not a popular offer during my time. Most of us were hoping for Yayasan Sabah scholarships. I got A2 for my BM so I didn't get d Yayasan Sabah scholarships. However, I received scholarships offer from England Optical. I wanted d scholarships so badly. At d same time, I got scholarships offer from Yayasan Melaka. Then, I got offer letter from UTM. UTM juz offer me PTPTN (loan) . I struggled so much to make a decision. Finally, I took UTM offer to be a teacher. There, I got my KPM scholarships. I used to envy some of my frens who have good n professional jobs especially those who didn't bother to study. Things were unfair to me. Now, I feel grateful for d path that I chose. Despite the work load, I love teaching. Teaching wasn't my ambition but God knows better. If today you aren't sure about your future, do not worry. Have faith in God. And He shall show you d way.