Sunday, April 12, 2009

Unattended Sickness

I have been sick for such a long time. I promised myself tat I would c a doctor after Easter Celebration in school. On last Sunday, I had fellowship wif a few BK teachers in Citiclub. I was coughing badly. On Monday, ignoring my sickness I worked as usual. I felt tired and drowsy. I planned 2 c a doctor in d afternoon. My plan was in vain as I took my nap n overslept. As my sickness deteriorated, I went 2 c doctor on the next morning. After seeing doctor, I had my medicine n rested at home. When I tried 2 wake up from my nap at about 2 pm, I couldn't. I made a few attempts to open my eyes but failed. D virus must had gone into my ears. I lost my balance. Everythg was spinning. I was so dizzy. I had tis experience b4. I knew I couldn't do anythg. At night, I tried again. As expected, everythg still spinning very fast. Wif d help of my mum n sis, I managed 2 sit on my bed. But I felt nausea. So I vomit. Though it was disgusting, I had my meal so that I could take my medicine.
It was then Wednesday. Words couldn't describe my happiness when I could once again open my eyes and came out of my bed. My body coordination still bad but at least I could walk. I tot my torture should have ended. But it was too early for me 2 judge. After I had my lunch, I felt an acute pain in my stomach. I knew my intestines cramped again. Bcoz d pain was unbearable, I vomit for twice. I went 2 c doctor again. My face was pale n I was dehydrated. In and out I went into d patient's room. I was given painkillers 2 ease my pain but it was of no use. I vomit again. I was then asked by doctor 2 do a urine test. I couldn't urinate. My body was dry. Without bothering that I might vomit again, I drank a lot of water. Very little urine I managed 2 get. I waited for d result. Wat a relief when everythg was NIL. But I still had 2 b admitted 2 hospital bcoz of d serious water loss. I admitted 2 d medium emergency ward at about 5pm. Sitting on a wheelchair, the staff thr helped my way to a room. I was asked 2 do urine test. Oh, God! Not again! I told them I couldn't. So they decided to do my blood test first. A nurse inserted a needle into my left hand. Ouch! First attempt failed. Then another more senior nurse did it. She inserted the needle into the side of my right hand. I could see clearly the needle beneath my skin. My blood was very viscous. It was about to clot and the colour was black. Bearing the pain of the needle under my skin, I watched my blood flowed out drop by drop very slowly. Very little blood they managed 2 get frm me. Three big bottles of dilute sodium chloride solution were flowed into my blood. Only then, I could urinate. I discharged frm hospital at 2.00p.m.
Then early morning, i reviewed my sickness at Clinic Thien. He asked me to finish my medicines. I went home n for d whole day I slept. Then it came Good Friday. When I wanted 2 get out frm my bed, I was very dizzy. I fell n hit on my head. For d whole day, I suffered frm bone pain and a bit headache. As I was lying lazily on sofa, Rev. James, his wife, Alex n David came. I din expect their visit as they must b very bz preparing 4 d church service at nite.
On Saturday, I went bck 2 work. There were things I wanted 2 get them done! As I was still weak, I went home halfway.
Tis morning, I drove d way 2 church. I shouldn't actually as I was still drowsy. Now, I'm getting better. Keep perspiring. Probably becoz I'm still weak. When I was in d midst of sufferings, I received many messages n calls. Thanx everyone that cares! I will walk out of my sickness!